Welcome to year 4
Welcome to the class page for Year 4. You will be able to find further information about our class and the achievements made throughout the year.
- 9:00 Hand washing + Registration/intervention
- 9:00 – 9:15 Morning activity/interventions
- 9:20 – 9:35 Assembly – online in class
- 9:35 – 10:30 Literacy
- 10:30 – 10:45 Spelling
- 10:45 – 11:00 Break
- 11:00 – 12:10 Maths
- 12:15 – 13:15 Lunch
- 13:15 - 13:30 Reading
Covid catch up
- 13:30 – 15:05 Foundation subjects
- 15:10 End of day
- We have introduced a new spelling programme from Years 2-6 this year. This programme is much more interactive and is designed to help your child learn their spellings effectively in a fun and interesting way. Your child will need to enter their login and password to access the Spelling Shed online. This can be found in the front inside cover of their spelling and times table book.
- Times Table Rock stars
- We have subscribed to this programme to help Years 3 and 4 with their times tables. It is a fun and challenging programme designed to help children master their times tables.
- Your child will need to enter their login and password to access Times Table Rock Stars online. This can be found in the back inside cover of their spelling and times table book.
- The Government have announced that all Year 4 children will sit a multiplication tables check. This is to ensure all 8 and 9 year olds have learnt their 12 times tables. Please ensure your child practices their times tables on Times Table Rock Stars. We will do a times table test every Friday.
Things to remember
- PE (Wednesday) Named PE kit, including trainers.
- Waterproof coat
- Clear pencil case with stationary
- Smiley shop: Fridays – 20p for a healthy snack
- We will not be doing show and tell.
Topic: The Tudors