- Please come to school in your PE kit on Tuesdays.
- We do not change for our daily mile.
- During the Summer Term, Year 1 go swimming most days. (weather permitting) therefore they will need their swimming kit in school every day. The class teacher will inform parents of when they plan on starting swimming for the term.
- Children will need swim suit/shorts, a towel, goggles (optional) and pool shoes to walk to and from the swimming pool.
- Every Friday afternoon the children go outside and explore the environmental areas. Sessions will link with curriculum learning as well as the children learning skills such as making fires and using tools for outdoor craft.
- Children need a full change of clothes, waterproofs, wellies and a bag to put their wet and muddy things in afterwards!
- Daily reading with an adult and record your child's reading in their reading record.
- Practice spellings on Spelling Shed online 3 or 4 times a week.
- Practice number facts using Numbots online 3 or 4 times a week.
Show & Tell
- Every Friday the children can bring in something special to share with the class or they may wish to tell the class about something that is special to them. You're welcome to email photos of the show and tell item to the firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- On Wednesdays, Year 1 go to the school library for story time and to choose a book of their choice to take home and share with their family.