- Every Thursday the children go outside and explore the environmental areas.
- Children need a full change of clothes, waterproofs, wellies and a bag to put their wet and muddy things in afterwards!
Show & Tell
- Every Friday the children can bring in something special to share with the class or they may wish to tell the class about something that is special to them. Due to current restrictions we need to limit things coming into school a much as possible. You're welcome to email photos of the show and tell item to the parents email address.
- On Fridays, Year 1 go to the school library to choose a book of their choice to take home and share with their family.
- At the minute we are choosing from a selection of books brought to the classroom from the library.
- Children take part in PE twice a week. They will need the appropriate PE kit to take part. All PE is taking place outside at the moment, so they may need warmer jogging bottoms and a jumper once it becomes cooler. If your child has their ears pierced, they will need to learn how to remove their earrings before each PE lesson.
- During the Summer Term, Year 1 go swimming daily (weather permitting). The class teacher will inform parents of when they plan on starting swimming for the term.
- Children will need swim suit/shorts, a towel, goggles (optional) and pool shoes to walk to and from the swimming pool.