- Every Thursday children go outside and explore the outdoor environmental areas.
- Children need a full change of clothes, waterproofs and wellies.
Show & Tell
- Every Friday children can bring in something special to share with the class or they may wish to tell the class about something that is special to them.
- On Fridays, Year 1 go to the school library to choose a book of their choice to take home and share with their family. Every book that is read, earns a sticker on their book marks which then leads to a certificate being awarded in celebration assembly.
- Children take part in PE twice a week. They will need the appropriate PE kit to take part. If your child has their ears pierced, they will need to learn how to remove their earrings before each PE lesson.
- During the Summer Term, Year 1 go swimming daily (weather permitting). The class teacher will inform parents of when they plan on starting swimming for the term. Children will need swim suit/shorts, a towel, goggles (optional) and pool shoes to walk to and from the swimming pool.