On Thursday afternoons, Years 5 and 6 learnt and experienced the skills of tag rugby. The instructors, Sam and Josh, let us play games and activities that help us learn the tactics.
Tag rugby is an enjoyable sport to keep us exercised with running, jumping, throwing and catching. It is a great game and it keeps us entertained.
We do activities such as: sharks and fishes – were you have to dodge the sharks and seaweed to get to the other side, get all the tags – were you have to collect all the tags but protect your own, we also play real matches were we are split into teams.
We have been learning tag rugby for 5 weeks and recommend it.
- It was really fun because they taught us lots of skills and taught how to play properly. We played lots of games to warm up and to help our tactics.
- We learnt some good new games.
- It was serious but fun. Reported by Dan Year 5 pupil
Coach Micky from JH8 football academy came in this term every Monday to teach Year 5 and 6 football. We went through lots of different techniques and methods to improve our skills. We did 1v1s, passing the ball, and ball mastery. We did lots of different activities to sharpen our skills and make us better footballers. We have been doing football with Coach Micky for 5 weeks and already we have all got a lot better. At the end of each lesson Coach Mickey and the teacher supervising us, discussed who improved the most and awarded a medal to that child. We have discussed how important it is to warm up before every session and to listen to what is being said. We included everybody in the activities we have played and everyone got stuck in.
- It was good, you learnt new skills and Mickey was very encouraging.
- I learnt new skills – protection/ shielding and going backwards without falling over. I enjoyed the matches.
- It was really fun because we learnt lots of new skills. Coach Mickey would always help us even if we didn’t get the skill the first time. Reported by Isla and Isabel