Values & Mission
Our aim is to provide a living, Christian school environment, where the full potential of each child is realised through personal, social, academic and spiritual development.
‘Learning together what is good and right.’
Job 34: 4
We are a Church of England School that is required to be distinctly Christian and inclusive. This means that we welcome those who have a Christian faith, those who have no faith and those of other faiths.
Our core Christian values are embedded at the heart of the school and this has a positive effect on children’s behaviour and attitudes to learning and the relationships of pupils and adults in the school.
At St Andrew’s we value the:
- uniqueness of each child and seek to develop their full potential
- partnership between community, staff and pupils,
- Christian distinctiveness of our school
- enriched experiences in learning The school will actively involve our partners in the development and embedding of these values. Our vision is that our school will provide its children and staff with:
- a loving, welcoming, and safe environment so that children can thrive and develop respect for others and their surroundings
- a love of learning, that nurtures each child’s needs, abilities and talents
- opportunities to celebrate achievements in all areas of learning and development St Andrew’s school promotes British values through our creative and enriched curriculum, teaching and learning, extracurricular activities and through our distinctly Christian ethos. In this way, we ensure that our children understand the values that have traditionally underpinned British society.
At St Andrew’s we believe that character education is about developing people who can flourish in all areas of their lives and for this reason our values are taught with a coherent and rigorous sense of purpose based on a firm Christian foundation.
Character virtues and the specific Christian values of love, respect, friendship, perseverance, self-control and forgiveness are taught explicitly in lessons, Collective Acts of Worship and across the whole school.
Kind Hearts, Kind Words, Kind Hands, Kind Feet, Kind Actions.
The Christian values encouraged, role-modelled and taught are based on the “Fruits of the Spirit” founded on Galatians 5 v 22-23:
‘But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control: against such things there is no law.’
The primary aim of St Andrew’s school is to enable all pupils to take part as fully as possible in every part of school life by developing each child’s self-confidence, recognising their strengths and encouraging them to achieve their full potential through personal, social, academic and spiritual development.
As a Church of England School we are both distinctly Christian and inclusive. St. Andrew’s provides a loving, welcoming and safe environment so that children can thrive and develop respect for others and their surroundings.
At St. Andrew’s School we will take steps to advance equality of opportunity, foster good relations and eliminate discrimination or harassment across all the protected characteristics (age, race, gender reassignment, disability, marriage and civil partnership, religion and belief, pregnancy and maternity, gender, sexual orientation) as appropriate within the school community. A rejection of bullying and intimidation, and an understanding of right standards of behaviour are rooted in a Christian understanding of life, in line with the Christian foundation of the school.
Further exemplification regarding equality can be found in the school’s Equality Policy and can be accessed on the school website.